I wish I could say that I’d won a BAFTA. As I have nothing to do with the British Film or Television industries, however, if I did then I’ve accidentally fallen through to a parallel world in which they award those things to 16-year-old girls for absolutely no reason.
But I did win two blog awards… from Liam. Is ‘win’ the right word? You don’t really associate it with blog awards as they’re generally given to whoever you didn’t give them to last time, but I can’t think what else to call it. Anyway.
The Kreativ Blogger Award. Yeah, we’re so kreativ here, we got bored of spelling. Also, pink? On my blog? Are you serious?
Oh, and there are rules. Rules! Screw the rules, I do what I want!
But apparently, I have to answer questions first. And then pass it on to seven people. Seven? I can’t even think of seven people. Sheesh, what is this?
What is your favourite song? I’m going to take it that ‘song’ means ‘thing with words’ rather than ‘piece of orchestral music’ which narrows it down a lot, as I don’t listen to that much other than soundtracks and Shostakovich. Um. Song. Well, I do really like “Show Must Go On” by Queen because it’s amazing, but… I think it’s going to have to go to “One Day More” from Les Miserables. Today. It might change tomorrow.
What is your favourite dessert? Jelly. Or ice cream. Or jelly AND ice cream. Or Victoria Sponge. Or chocolate sponge. Hmm, I just like pudding, I think.
What ticks you off? People, usually teachers. Ridiculous exam board rules (no labels on your water bottles in Art exams! No talking for ten hours in Art exams! You can’t leave this hall until 10am even though the exam finished at 9:25am!). Sucky internet. Grammar fails.
When you’re upset, what do you do? Rant. Beat something up. Play miserable music on the flute. Write death scenes. Beat someone up.
What is your favourite pet? I want a penguin. But, you know, an 8-legged horse will do. Or a dragon if you can’t get Odin to sell it to you.
Which do you prefer: black or white? It depends why I’m choosing. Clothes? Black, it doesn’t go see-through when it gets wet. Bedroom walls? White. Characters? You stupid racist award, go away.
What is your attitude? Erm, generally pretty cynical and sarcastic about stuff, I think. Also frustrated. I get frustrated quite easily. But I try to stay optimistic. Maybe I’m just stubborn.
What is perfection? A word.
What is your guilty pleasure? Tumblr, mainly.
Now for the facts:
- I drew Loki on the back of my Italian exam paper in my exam this morning, and wrote LOKI’D next to it. I didn’t think anyone would see it, but when the invigilator picked them up she put them face-down on the pile. She couldn’t help laughing when she saw mine. Didn’t help that I was at the very back so she had to look at it while she walked all the way back to the front ;)
- I am most definitely Loki’d. And Sherlocked. I think it’s the cheekbones.
- I have a little wooden artist’s manikin thing standing on my bookshelf (currently in a pose that suggests nothing as much as JAZZ HANDS). She’s called Sylvia.
- I saw the Avengers last week. It was so good that I’m considering going to see it again on Friday. SERIOUSLY GUYS SEE THIS FILM.
- When writing revision notes, I don’t colour code things, I just changed coloured pens for every page to stop me from getting bored.
- My favourite gel pen for History or Biology revision notes is the red sparkly one, but unfortunately it’s running out.
- My favourite gel pen for Chemistry or Physics revision notes is orange and sparkly. Also running out, although not so fast.
- Those subjects are the only subjects I have left this year and then I am FREE for a whole summer.
- I hate studying sciences and am dropping all of them after my exams. I already dropped maths. I’m also dropping one of the languages I learn (not 100% sure which, yet), History, RS and Art. I think that’s everything.
- I plan to teach myself Old English this summer. Not Middle English, proper old English. Like, Beowulf and all that. Just because I can.
Hmm, a much more attractive little icon yoke.
This one has rules too. Whoever invented these awards had a serious control-freak thing going on. If I made up an award, it wouldn’t have RULES. They constrict us, hold us in! Why would you do something like that? Just… why?
Don’t worry, readers. I SHALL MAKE THEM KNEEL.
I’m beginning to think I’m channeling something from the Sharpie pictures of Loki on my bedroom door… O.oRules:
- This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)
- Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay)
- You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.
Ha, funny you’ve given this to me here. I do actually have a separate book blog. It’s a Blogger one too – shocking.
Five of my favourite books? Too difficult.
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater
- Ptolemy’s Gate by Jonathan Stroud
- The New Policeman by Kate Thompson
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- (Honourable mention!) Out Of The Silent Planet by CS Lewis.
And now to nominate people for the awards. But I don’t know anyone to give them to…
Okay, for the first award, because she’s highly kreativ, I nominate Cathryn. Again. I really don’t follow enough people for this whole award thing.
I can’t think of four more people. Three will have to do.
For the second award, people who blog about books… hmm …
Well, I give Charley an award every time I get one, so I’m not going to do that this time. Sorry Charley. I guess it’s been a while since I gave one to the team at Mark Williams International, so they can have an award. I’m sure they won’t do a post, but who knows? Maybe Mark will deign to give us a peek at his five favourite books.
And the award also goes to Pheris-Perhis- how the HELL do you spell your name? Pherisphena Ladea of The Word Asylum (because she writes so I’m sure she talks about books sometimes), for being a member of Loki’s Army and making me laugh regularly on Twitter.
And that will do. I do not need to nominate a whole 7 + 5>n<10 other bloggers. BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT. Ugghhhh what is wrong with me today? This post has so many capitals and random Loki quotes and generally failure to put across a professional, writerly persona. Never mind. That doesn’t matter.
Puny humans, thinking you can give me RULES.