I thought that at the end of every month, I’d do a little round-up of what’s been happening on my book blog and Instagram (since the latter is now dedicated to photos of books, a hobby which is taking far too many hours of my life). I won’t share everything here — after all, I need to give you some reason to follow me on Instagram and my book blog! — but here are a few highlights.
5 most viewed book reviews in August
I’ve decided to separate out the reviews that had the most views and the reviews that had the most likes, since the two weren’t always the same.
- Heretics Anonymous by Katie Henry
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell*
- The High King’s Golden Tongue by Megan Derr**
- A Thousand Perfect Notes by C.G. Drews
* This was posted in October 2015, but gets a consistently high number of views, and I’m not entirely sure why.
** Another one from October 2015, but a surprise appearance near the top of my stats. I’m not sure why it’s getting traffic again!
3 most liked book reviews in August
The reviews that had the most likes were a bit of a surprise, because they didn’t seem to bear any resemblance to the number of views. I thought I’d only give the top 3 here, because they were noticeably higher than the others (7 vs 2, for example).
5 best books I read in August
August was a slowish month for reading, especially as I started getting into audiobooks. But, one of those was one of my favourite reads! Reviews of these will hopefully come soon.
- Feed by Mira Grant (5*)
- Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin (4*)
- Spells of Blood and Kin by Claire Humphrey (4*)
- Things A Bright Girl Can Do by Sally Nicholls (4*)
- Half The World by Joe Abercrombie (4*)
5 most popular #bookstagram photos in August
Other bookish stats from August
- I read 17 books
- of which 3 were audiobooks I listened to while at work
- and 3 were rereads — 1 of them accidental.
- I had 1 5* read (apparently only my second this year, though I reread two earlier 5* reads).
- I bought 3 secondhand books and pre-ordered 2 books that will come out later this year.
- I’m currently re-reading This Dark Duet by V.E. Schwab (paperback) and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook).
On my book blog, I’m going to do a roundup of my most popular posts on this blog (gotta get that audience crossover), so keep an eye out for that! In the meantime, if anything in this post piqued your interest, please check out the linked posts/pictures and consider following me on Instagram or my book blog.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to support me / the continued existence of this blog, please consider donating to my Ko-Fi :)